Senior Class Trip 2023

Nataly Sergave, Writer

This year the Class of 2023 took a very interesting and exciting full-day field trip to New York City. The students visited the 9/11 Memorial Museum where they could be a part of interactive reenactments of the tragedy of 9/11.  This museum was made in honor of the almost 3,000 people killed during the September 11th, 2001 attacks, as well as the survivors and those who helped during this dark time in history.

Nataly Sergave

The class was able to walk through immersive experiences such as listening to the voices of victims and the families of victims, the last calls the victims ever made, getting up close with many artifacts collected and preserved from the day of disaster, listening to news broadcasts from the day of attack, and so much more.

The tense yet calming feeling of the museum left all the students moved and pensive.  From firetrucks, to steel beams, to the waterfall with its seemingly-endless list of names, this museum definitely made an impact.

After leaving the memorial, the class was able to walk around the city for a bit and get to experience the busy city life.  Everyone enjoyed a little freedom and each other’s company as they explored the area.

Another attraction the students got to experience is the massive architectural Oculus building. The three-story subway landing and mall attraction offers something for everyone.  Have some coffee, shop around, and, when you’re done, hop on a subway home. It’s that simple! The retail mall has high-end stores such as Breitling, BOSS, Apple Store, Ethan Jordan Jewelers, and more!  The students eagerly browsed around before heading back to Emerson.

There was so much to do in such little time, and it was truly a bonding experience for the Class of 2023.