Sharing Love with Carnations

Ava Sassi and Ryan Mulligan

EHS brought back their yearly carnation sale to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Before Valentine’s Day, each carnation was priced at $2 with a personalized note card that came with each flower. This gave students the opportunity to write to one of their friends, a significant other, etc. Whether it was anonymous or not, it spread kindness and put smiles on students’ faces.

On Valentine’s Day, Nick Seretis and Sherry Hausman handed out these carnations during class to the intended recipients. Also, on Valentine’s Day, the price was lowered to $1, giving students the opportunity to give last-minute carnations to whomever they chose.

We asked a junior of EHS, Skyler Choinski, how she felt receiving many flowers from an anonymous student.

“When I got carnations I felt happy because the carnation fundraiser is one of my favorites, and I enjoy walking around with my carnations and making a mini bouquet.  I feel like it lets friends and couples be allowed to do something special for each other,” Skyler says.

Skyler expressed how these carnations made her feel, but how do other students think the carnation sales brought together the EHS community?

“I think it was great because it showed our love for each other. It unites us together,” junior Olyvia Burrell adds.

“I think it was a kind gesture for the school community and helped bring us together,” junior Nick D’Agostino agrees.

“I think that it brought kindness into the school community and helped enforce a positive environment,” junior Lauren Gull says.

All in all, the carnation sale was an uplifting experience, and EHS cannot wait for another year of unity and love!!