Breaking News
  • June 10Eighth grade promotion June 18 at 7:00p.m.
  • June 10Last day of school June 20
  • June 10Graduation June 20 at 7:00 p.m.
  • January 28Read The Cavo Chronicles on your Phone! Download the "Student News App"
The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

Fashion or trash

Fashion or trash

Fashion or Trash

The alarm goes off as I roll out of bed with my outfit hung up on my chair. I slip on my clothes laid out as usual from the night before and maybe try to get some more shut eye before heading down stairs. There I lie on my couch trying not to ruin my makeup or clothes and wait for my sibling. The car heats up and then I know it’s my time to head out the door in my fit that  I had designed so precisely. As I enter the school, I feel confident in my look and ready to take on the day but then as I turn the corner I seem something a bit off. Everyone here is in pjs and slippers.

Though this may be something strange a year ago, these types of outfits are very common in schools. Students have gone through  many different trends and a few of them have been shown to truly take up the individuals of Emerson High school.  Though the priority for most is education,, that doesn’t mean students can spend some time picking out looks to rock in school. Here are a few of the most popular trends for this school year.

White fox, an Australian clothing brand, has started to pop up more throughout the school with its unique style. Their brand ranges from stylish and extravagant to comfy and cozy. One specific type that has been shown the most this school year. Hoodies and sweatpants, also now known as a sweatsuit, has reached its audience in Emerson high school. All the girls from the grades 7 through 12 have been shown to rock either piece with it being a fashion statement itself.

“From the puff print to the siding, it’s a hoodie that hoodies, if you get what I mean,” stated junior Avery Lauterback.

Uggs have grown in popularity as the new style has been shown to show up both boys and girls in these famous slippers as staple pieces in their outfit. With a range of styles there is not a single one that fails to match the clothes someone had neatly picked out. Even if one is to roll out of bed, these slippers manage to make the outfit not only in season but put together to make one look somewhat presentable. Not to mention they are more comfortable than  their competing shoes such as sneakers and boots.

Nike is not a less known brand yet it has reached its peak this year. Though this brand is very well known and popular, currently it is in its top year. Emerson High school is definitely one of the top consumers as every person in school, boy or girl manages this brand in hoodies, shirts, sweatpants and more. Even though this brand used to be targeted only for athletics, it manages to touch every individual and spice up the outfit bit by bit.

Cutting off the neckline has not been something on for this year. People have been following this fashion trend since the 90s. However it started to decrease in the 2010s but this year the interest started to arise again. People now have not only done it with shirts like they used to do 20 years ago but have now included crewnecks into the mix. But never hoodies as “with the pockets, it just wouldn’t look as nice, “ stated Sophomore Gabby Muccuci. These crew necks are now seen to be repurposed as many agree that they haven’t seen used them in a long time yet this provides a new look to it. Off the shoulder is here to stay where with the t-shirt or crewneck, it makes a fashion statement for all.

Last but certainly not least, there has been a growing rise in the simplicity of pajamas in school. Though all may not participate in this fashion for the trending style of it, it has risen in popularity this year. Teens have been shown throughout the school rocking some piece of bedwear to school whether they have intended to or not. Sometimes the statement could come with the look making the outfit look comfy but stylish with the dash of pajama pants and a cute shirt. Yet sometimes it could also be simply too late for school to change. However this is no longer weird as with the new trend, no one ever seems to bat an eye at the thought of pajamas for everyday wear.

“Sometimes when I shop, I even think to myself if these pants can be worn to school and bed, so I cut the cost and time out,” stated Junior Jake Mancino. 

Though this year has had its ups and down in a lot of things, fashion for sure is not one of them. The trends are here to last and are something that many find joy in. Whether it’s finding a new brand or altering a top, dress according to your fashion sense, and maybe keep in mind the years too.