Breaking News
  • April 4Homework Free Weekend 5/18 - 5/19
  • April 4Harlem Wizards vs EJSHS Staff Basketball Game 4/24
  • March 7Congratulations Jeremy Lachman on Scoring 1,000 Points!
  • February 15National Honors Society Induction: Thursday April 4
  • January 28Read The Cavo Chronicles on your Phone! Download the "Student News App"
The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

Key Club Wraps Gifts For The Community

Key Club Wraps Gifts For The Community

This past Monday and Tuesday the Emerson Key club offered free gift wrapping in the cafeteria in exchange for donations for the clubs Midnight Run. Faculty as well as people from the community dropped off presents in the cafeteria to be wrapped in exchange for donating toiletries, such as tissues, toilet paper, soap.

People from the community dropped off presents in the cafeteria to be wrapped in exchange for toiletries such as tissues, toilet paper, soap, etc. 

Teachers like social studies teacher Mrs. Norato had her presents wrapped as did  many others from the community as well. Some of the toys that were wrapped were for other charitable organizations too.

Some students were inexperienced with wrapping gifts and asked questions to other students on how to efficiently and precisely wrap presents.  

“I thought the gift wrapping was all right. I had never wrapped gifts before and it was a good learning experience,” said sophmore Michael Deorio 

The Key Club has done gift wrapping for the past two years. The club is likely to continue with this event since  

A few students were tasked with cleaning up from Saturday’s Midnight run in Ms Pena’s room. They put leftover food into cabinets and stored shoes and other apparel into the shelves and closets. Some of the clothes did not fit into the closets so they had to haul them over to the hallway. 

Key club members need to earn five service hours per marking period in order to stay in the club For the gift wrapping event, students received two service hours however the real reward came from helping people during a hectic time.

Key Club’s next event will be Camp Acorn where students will help people with special needs have a good time and build relationships with the students on January twentieth.