Breaking News
  • April 4Homework Free Weekend 5/18 - 5/19
  • April 4Harlem Wizards vs EJSHS Staff Basketball Game 4/24
  • March 7Congratulations Jeremy Lachman on Scoring 1,000 Points!
  • February 15National Honors Society Induction: Thursday April 4
  • January 28Read The Cavo Chronicles on your Phone! Download the "Student News App"
The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

Spider-Man 2; A Cinematic Masterpiece

Spider-Man 2; A Cinematic Masterpiece

Flips, spins, Dips and Dives. You can do all of these while swinging your way through New York as Spiderman. Spider-Man 2 came out this past October. This game goes through the difficulties of having to lead  a normal everyday life while being Spiderman. Peter Parker is the original Spiderman who was bitten by a radioactive spider. Miles Morales, Peter’s apprentice and side-kick,  help out at a community center where Peter works. Miles’s father was killed in an explosion during a rally.  Miles was bitten by a different spider to get his powers so he was given the ability to use electricity to stun his enemies during combat. Both Spider-Men, Miles Morales and Peter Parker, have their own problems they have to overcome in this game. 

Swinging through the city fighting crime never gets old: from o the fluid motions of every trick you do flying through the air to action you see fighting criminals or bosses. This is not like the other games in the franchise; the fighting style has changed a little bit and the game feels fresh and new. The graphics were improved to make it look clean and crisp and the attention to detail is just incredible. In every building there are people, on every street there are cars. It makes New York feel real and lively. They have also expanded the map from previous games with Queens and Brooklyn. 

The main storyline of Spider-Man 2 is unpredictable with many plot twists. Also the heartfelt voice of Peter Parker by actor Yuri Lowenthal is incredible and should be given an award. You can really feel the emotion he is trying to convey.  The gameplay itself is also astonishing. The boss fights are action packed with a lot of emotion and players will not want to look away. They are for sure some of the best parts of the game. They have also implemented some skill points and gadget points which give you some awesome abilities that you can use to change the variety of moves you can use. For example, players can gain wingsuits which enable them to fly around the city.  

Unfortunately the game is missing a few key features from previous games. Gamers can no longer change the time of day, change the color of Miles’ electricity or Peter’s Venom power. The biggest missing factor for me is the quality of the suits. Some of the suits added in the game are basic, bland, and just too funky and odd.  There is a suit which is the same as the original but from the previous game. So there is barely a difference. I would’ve loved just a few suits from the comics or something more interesting. 

There are a few small minor details that can be fixed in later updates. But nonetheless Spider-Man 2 is a cinematic masterpiece filled with action and intensity.