Breaking News
  • April 4Homework Free Weekend 5/18 - 5/19
  • April 4Harlem Wizards vs EJSHS Staff Basketball Game 4/24
  • March 7Congratulations Jeremy Lachman on Scoring 1,000 Points!
  • February 15National Honors Society Induction: Thursday April 4
  • January 28Read The Cavo Chronicles on your Phone! Download the "Student News App"
The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

The student news site of EHS

The Cavo Chronicles

Epic Games Brings Fortnite Home

Epic Games introduces Fortnite Chapter 4: Season OG

You wake up 1,482 days later knowing that you can play chapter one, season five, in Fortnite again and you are going back to your old roots. You load into the lobby to see a new battle pass with a variety of new outfits to wear. A battle pass comes out every new season in Fortnite but this one is different from the rest. Gamers find that the outfits are remixes of previous outfits that were introduced in chapter one. You see that all the famous and old streamers are back on the game and streaming the game to worldwide viewers. 

On November 3rd, Epic Games introduced the new season of Fortnite, chapter four, season five. Unlike other seasons, this season is special because of the old weapons, sounds, and graphics of the game, new and upcoming Fortnite gamers can experience what Fortnite was like before they started playing. This is the first time Fortnite is going back in time. Every old feature in the game, you name it, gamers can experience it this Friday before it’s too late. 

This is the one month where you can see the chapter one map and guns and all the updates that were previously shown. Every week there is a new season. Gamers start in season five and go through the seasons every week up until chapter ten. Along with the seasons changing, the map changes from season to season as in chapter one. The themes change along with the map changes. 

The themes starting from season five and ending in chapter ten are, Worlds Collide, Darkness Rises, You Better Watch Out (Winter), X Marks The Spot, The Future, and Out of Time. These themes all follow the storyline of the game but this season, Fortnite goes back in time and introduces these previous seasons to show the changes and events that happened that made Fortnite change the map. 

I’m sentimental about this update since  Fortnite loomed large in my childhood. Now that chapter one is back, I’m excited to play with the friends I always played with in the past. 

Fortnite is free to all and is available on many platforms such as Playstation, Xbox, PC, and Android. It is a third-person shooter game where up to 100 players battle it out and the last player standing wins. People who have joined Fortnite after chapter one can now experience chapter one gameplay for one month. Where are you going to land?