New Orleans Saints Signed a Rookie

New Orleans Saints Signed a Rookie

Faith Rivers, Writer

Sean Payton is the head coach for the New Orleans Saint. Paton was a quarterback at Naperville Central High School and Eastern Illinois University. 

Back in 2010, the New Orleans Saints won their very first Super Bowl; the Saints defeated the Indianapolis Colts. winning 31-17. The Saints have been recently adding new people to every Rookie camp to accomplish a second win. 

During rookie minicamp for the team, which is approximately twenty-two players every two years who have never been signed with their NFL team before looking for a contract they only selected three. One each year LB Quentin Poling, DT Lorenzo Neal, and OT Kyle Murphy were the people signed each year.

During rookie camp, Sean Payton said, ¨We’ve acquired some players because it was an area we felt like we needed to improve and whether or not it’s finished there, it’s probably too early to say. Some of these guys we’ve been able to sign we’re getting a good look at now and some have more experience than others.¨

During rookie camp, Sean Payton. said ¨New Orleans Saints signed a rookie. Sean Payton is the head coach for the New Orleans Saint. Paton was a quarterback in high school and college at Naperville Central High School and Eastern Illinois University.

The last person they picked in 2016, round six of drafts was Kyle Murphy He was the 200th pick out of 259 picks he played college football for Stanford University, on a scholarship.

In conclusion, the Saints have added three players over the past few years, Quentin Poling,  Lorenzo Neal, and Kyle Murphy. The newest player, Lorenzo Neal, has not had much time on the field but everyone is looking forward to seeing if he follows in his Dad’s footsteps.