President Biden’s Plans for His First 100 Days

Alexandra Belevan, Writer

President Joe Biden was recently inaugurated on January 20, and now the countdown begins for his first 100 days in office. Biden definitely has a lot of new ideas and plans that he will carry out throughout his term in order to prioritize the well-being of the United States. 

The Biden Administration has plans to implement certain laws and new legislation regarding important issues in the country today. While he can use executive orders to combat numerous problems, he will need legislation and funding from Congress to pass or else he may not get to carry out his full agenda. Because the country is in a bipartisan situation, he may not be able to do everything he wants.

The Covid-19 virus has caused a lot of destruction in the country, with an increasing number of deaths everyday. The virus is spreading rapidly and there is a lack of resources for hospitalization. In his first 100 days, Biden plans to implement a masking plan in which he will require people to wear masks while in federally owned buildings, such as airports or government buildings. He also plans on distributing 100 million vaccines across the country in order to slow down the virus. 

Because of the pandemic, many people have been unemployed and facing economic hardships. Rent and student loans are higher than ever and it is very difficult to pay payments off in the middle of the pandemic. Biden plans to give businesses resources, tools, and guidance and have them (and schools) open safely. He would like to raise the minimum wage and create more jobs in order to provide relief from rent and student loans. 

Another relevant problem within the country is foreign policy. The Trump Administration seemed to have ruined certain relationships with other countries. Biden wants to make more partners and allies and regain the trust and confidence with countries all around the world. Along with this, he plans to modernize defense priorities and do things differently than Trump had done. 

Within the country, there is definitely room for improvement in terms of infrastructure. Highways and bridges are in poor conditions, and America ranks at number 10 in overall infrastructure quality. Biden plans to restore roads, modernize airports, and improve modes of transportation. With this comes an opportunity to create thousands of new jobs, which could help boost the economy. Though this can have a very high cost, Congress is most likely going to provide the funding for it.

All over the world, there has been extreme weather and harmful gases and chemicals that have been polluting the air. Biden has been a big advocate for fixing climate change and now is finally his chance to do it. He wants to reduce electric consumption and save money in energy costs. Using clean electric vehicles with charging stations will help the environment with harmful gases. Additionally, Biden plans on creating 1.5 million new energy efficient homes. According to President Biden, “We can put millions of Americans to work modernizing water, transportation, and energy infrastructure to withstand the impact of extreme weather.”

Biden plans on creating new jobs to help with climate change and his ultimate goal is for all Americans to be able to breathe clean air and drink clean water. 

Education has also played a vital role in Biden’s plans for his first 100 days. He wants to raise fundings for testing and transportation and provide additional cleaning services and technical equipment in order to give students a high quality learning experience. 

Economy factors also play a huge role in Biden’s plans for education. He wants to pay teachers a higher salary for all of the hard work that they do. He would also like to provide relief to students by lowering the cost of higher education.

Within the Department of Justice, Biden plans on restoring honor, integrity, and independence, while also following the law of the Constitution. Racism and domestic terrorism are just two critical issues within the country today and Biden understands that there needs to be a well-led justice department. 

Biden definitely has a lot of new plans and ideas that he will bring to his first 100 days that could benefit the country. He prioritizes all of the important things that the country needs in order to go back to normal and prosper.