Outstanding softball senior signs to play in college

Back to Article
Back to Article

Katie Falotico signs her letter of intent to play softball at The University of Albany next year. Although she's played other sports in the past, Falotico says softball is her calling.

Erik Degelmann

Erik Degelmann

Erik Degelmann

Nina O'Connell, Editor

For most high school students, softball season isn’t yet underway. That’s not the case for senior Katie Falotico. The standout softball player travels with the sport year-round. She’s part of a club team located outside of Bucks, Pennsylvania, and plays around the country in the off-season. It seems all that hard work has paid off. Falotico recently signed her letter of intent to play softball at The University of Albany next year.

I am excited to know that I will still have softball after high school, but I’m going to feel sad knowing that I won’t be playing where I grew up or with the people I grew up with,” Falotico said.

Falotico credits her parents with always supporting her on and off the field. Her dad coached when she was younger. Falotico calls him her biggest fan yet toughest critic which is why she says she always strives for perfection.