Gearing up for outside summer sports

Back to Article
Back to Article

Gearing up for outside summer sports

The game called Disc Dunk, which is a slightly different version of the game Kan Jam.

Summer is just around the corner, and many students at Emerson Junior-Senior High School say they’re looking forward to spending time outside playing their favorite summer games. According to the entertainment website Buzz Feed, there are several fun activities from which to choose. A few freshman are looking forward to play.

“I like to play badminton because it is an easy sport to play, and it is fun to play with my friends,” said freshman Amanda Chongoushian. “I would also want to try swimming,” she added.

Swimming seems to be popular among freshman this year whether it’s on an organized team or in a backyard pool.

My favorite sport to play is cheer in the summer. It is enjoyable because I get to work with a team and do a lot of stunts and learn different dances. I would want to try volleyball this summer.”

— Jessica Chongoushian

“My favorite sport to play in the summer is swimming. This is so enjoyable because when I was younger I used to be on a swim team up until a few years ago, but in the summer my mom, sister and I use to go up to my grandma’s big pool, and my mom would always make my sister and I race, and it was always so fun to do that,” Chloe Greiner said.

One of the games that is very popular is called Kan Jam. Kan Jam is a game with two Frisbees and two large cans. One player tries to toss the Frisbee into either the top of the can or a small slit on the side. The physical education department has a slightly different version, of the game, called Disc Dunk, and students seem to love it.

“My favorite sport to play is cheer in the summer. It is enjoyable because I get to work with a team and do a lot of stunts and learn different dances,” said Jessica Chongoushian. “I would want to try volleyball this summer.”

“My favorite sport to play is softball because I like to play softball in the spring and I really enjoy it and I want to get better for next year so I continue to play off season. I would maybe want to try volleyball or lacrosse,” Claudia Pistachio said.