Taylor Swift Makes a Comeback

Stephanie Ocelotl, Writer

Taylor Swift has finally made a return to the stage after five whole years! March 17, 2023 marked the kick off to Swift’s SOLD OUT Eras Tour in Glendale, Arizona. After not having been on tour since 2018 and releasing four new albums throughout that time, Swift has created this tour for the purpose of celebrating and performing hits from each of her eras: Debut, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights

You may be wondering, 10 albums?! How is it even possible to go through each of them in one night? Well…it takes 3 hours. Yes, Taylor Swift gave an astonishing three hour performance, where she completed 44 songs. She opened up the night with one of her Lover tracks, “Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince,” and ended off the night with a Midnights hit, “Karma.”

In between those, she performed some of her biggest hits such as “You Belong With Me”, “Love Story,” “Shake it Off,” and “Blank Space.” Some of my personal favorites on the setlist are “Marjorie,” “Don’t Blame Me,” “Betty,” “Cardigan,” and “Style.” But the BIGGEST gift of the night was the surprise song that Taylor Swift has planned out for each show. Yup, each show is getting their own surprise song. Swift definitely shocked some fans with this AMAZING setlist. 

Throughout the night, Taylor Swift also had multiple outfit changes. One for each era, to be exact. We do not know how she does it, but she did!

It is safe to say that the Eras Tour will be the tour of the year and I hope many EHS students will be able to experience her performance when she makes an appearance in New Jersey in May!