Run Down of Emerson Spring Sports

Run Down of Emerson Spring Sports

Shaye Diverio, Writer

Almost a month into spring sports at EHS, we are seeing great things from all of the spring sports teams and seeing a lot of success. All the seniors are very grateful for the opportunity to have their spring sports season because last year they were not able to participate in spring sports. 

Starting with girls softball, they are off to a steady start with a record of 4-1. Senior, Tiffany Leuck, says, “Under the circumstances, my teammates and myself were not sure how this season was going to play out. With all new faces and new talents we knew it was going to be a challenge. With a record of 4-1, we have shocked ourselves with the fight we put up. Every game we have a new star and we have full faith that we can compete against anybody.”  

The track team has always seen much success, but this year they are continuing to excel with Jessica Coyle, Allie Lachman, and Jude Mazzola being the captains. Jessica Coyle says, “The team has a few dual meets completed with great performances and record-breaking achievements. The girls team is favored to win the league. seniors, Jessica Coyle (PV/HJ/S), Allison Lachman(S), Emilia Dul (H/HJ), Eliza Dul (D), and Emma Callagy (H), lead the team with help from juniors, Calista Marck (D), Carli Sorvino (S/H), and Erin Karaway .(T)” 

Junior, Carli Sorvino, says, “ I’m extremely grateful that we have been able to have track so far and am so excited for what’s to come in the future of this season.” 

The girls lacrosse team is off to a steady start with a record of 2-2 two weeks into the season. The Park Ridge- Emerson team is looking to hopefully win leagues for the third consecutive year in a row. 

Captains Shaye Diverio and Charlotte Nunberg say, “We are looking forward to continuing to get better and work as a team with a new coach. We have a chance to do great things as a team.” 

The Cavos baseball team is off to a rough start with a record of 1-4 right now, but they are looking to turn things around and grow as a team as time goes on. 

Senior, Frankie Savino says, “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. Mental toughness is built in difficult moments.” Tyler Reissner says, “I am very thankful that we could have a season this year with Covid around, I think we have a strong team with a lot of potential for the future of our season where I believe we can go far and have a chance at winning it all again for our program.” 

Lastly, the tennis team is looking forward to working together and growing and working towards getting through the season and they are grateful for the chance to play because the season was cut short last year. “The first match was good and the team is looking strong, we are hoping to get through the season with no COVID outbreaks,” says Rohan Singit. 

Overall, Emerson High School is off to a strong start with spring sports and is focusing on making sure we are safe and working our hardest to keep everyone healthy while playing.