Opinions on The New Covid-19 Vaccine

Briella Kellish, Writer

The new Covid-19 vaccine was released on December 11, 2020. The first people to get it were frontline workers such as doctors, nurses, police officers, etc. Teachers in New York are now able to get the vaccine, but the teachers in New Jersey are not yet able to get it. Many students, parents, and frontline workers have different opinions on the new Covid vaccine. 

A student from Emerson Junior Senior High School stated, “I do not want to get the vaccine yet because we do not know the long term effects it may have. Once we know and truly understand everything about the vaccine and the virus then I will consider getting it, but until thenI am okay with not getting it.”

There are many different opinions on this subject and a teenager might not want to get the vaccine just yet, instead wait and see how other people might react to it. The long term effects of the vaccine are still unknown which does make it scary to get it. 

An anonymous adult gave their feedback on the vaccine by saying, “I think it is great that they made a vaccine so quickly, because we needed one, but I am not sure if I would get it just yet. I want to know what is in it and what effects it might have on someone before I would consider getting it. Many things could go wrong so I am just going to wait and see and if in the future I decide I need to get one then I will.”  

Many people have gotten new anxieties from the virus, especially the unknown it entails. Being able to make a vaccine so quickly definitely helped a lot and now that people are starting to get the vaccine, hopefully things will be starting to get better and normal again. Many people have different opinions on the vaccine, but a nurse who is a frontline worker states, 

“I think everyone should get the vaccine. Once everyone starts to get it things will slowly go back to normal hopefully.”

The nurses, doctors, police officers, and all the frontline workers are one of the first to get the vaccine including powerful and more famous people who are in the public eye. The unknown of the vaccine and the virus definitely scares people but safety and following regulations can also help the spread of the virus. Staying in when you can and always wearing a mask will help greatly with the spread and will hopefully help to make things go back to normal. Doing your part in stopping the spread is very important and is something that everyone should start taking more seriously. Even though there is a lot of unknown information on the vaccine, it could still help to make sure things will be going back to normal.