Logan Mazzeo Wrestling Season

Logan Mazzeo is a Wrestler at Emerson Junior Senior High School. He is 17 years old and is in his Junior year. Logan is one of the best wrestlers to ever wrestle for EPR. Logan’s freshman season he had a record of 29-2 with 10 pins. His sophomore season he was 34-5 with 21 pins. Junior season he was 14-5 with 6 pins. His high school career so far he has 77 wins, 12 losses and 37 pins!

The reason why his junior season had to many less matches than his freshman and sophomore year was because he was injured for a big part of the season. He suffered an elbow injury that kept getting worse. Towards the end of the season this injury prevented him from participating in the state tournament of achieving his goal of being Emerson- Park Ridges first state champion.

Mike: Logan, how long have you been wrestling for?

Logan: I have been wrestling for as long as I can remember. It has been a huge part of my family for a very long time.

In his freshman year, Logan wrestled at 113 pounds and for one match wrestled at 120 pounds. His sophomore year matches were split pretty evenly between wrestling at 113 pounds and 120 pounds. Junior year he wrestled at 120 pounds, and 4 matches were wrestled at 126 pounds.

Logan is committed to wrestle in college for Clarion University, in Pennsylvania. This is a very hard task to accomplish.

Logan has big goals for his upcoming senior season, his number 1 goal is to be EPR first state champion. He is looking to do this for his brother father and uncle who were all state runner ups in the personal state tournament.