Eliza Dul and her dream to run

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eliza Dul and her dream to run

Eliza Dul is in the lead for the 4 by 800 meter relay.

Emma Callagy, Reporter

Eliza Dul is a track athlete here at Emerson and it is only her sophomore year. Track is a passion of hers and she has always enjoyed running both on and off season. Track is a sport with many different races and events that individuals can compete in. There are both male and female teams, but to Dul, they are one big happy family.

“Everyone is cheering everyone else on and it is a super positive environment. We all get along very well,” Dul stated.

She is a distance runner and has spent the past two years running the mile and the two-mile. Dul works out every single day, running at least 3-4 miles to keep in shape for the big meets. When the larger meets arrive, she prefers to stay in her own little world until her race ends.

When my race is about to come up, I tend to really focus on myself and block distractions out. Music often helps me do that,” Dul expressed.

There is nothing like the feeling of hearing the official say ‘Runners to your mark!’”

— Eliza Dul

So far the girl’s track team is undefeated in dual meets with a record of 8-0 and recently beat Cresskill on April 22nd. It had been a long time since the Emerson girl’s track team beat Cresskill so this was definitely a shining moment for Dul. When they came out with the win, she could not help but feel overjoyed and touched.

It felt very shocking but also amazing because we are such a small school. It was truly a moment I will never forget,” Dul said.

On May 10th-May 11th Dul and her team are competing in the Bergen County Group two day meet at the Northern Valley Old Tappan High School. Dul shared some of her goals for this upcoming meet.

My goal has been to get under 6 minutes and 30 seconds for the mile. I would be so proud to reach this on Friday,” Dul emphasized.

The track team is open to all athletes and Dul is open for any questions on what it is like to join. She is very experienced and can provide helpful tips for any new runners.