Wave of wellness hits EHS!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wave of wellness hits EHS!

Jamie Dunican advises poetry class during Wellness Week.

Emma Callagy, Reporter

The Emerson Junior/Senior High School has recently been supplied with a full week of positivity called “Cavo Wellness Week.” The school’s student council carried out this amazing event in which students of EHS were able to participate in different activities during lunch from February 4th to February 8th. Jamie Dunican, one of two sophomore representatives in student council, helped put this week together and made it as enjoyable as possible. Dunican thoroughly explained each activity that was available.

“Activities included self-defense, yoga, gaming, poetry, and karaoke. It was amazing to see all of the students come together and really get excited,” Dunican said.

As much fun as each person had throughout the week, the objective goes far beyond just that. It was a way to comfort each person in the school after a very stressful time with exams.

“Midterms were incredibly stressful for students, so the main goal was to give everyone a healthy break and even allow the teachers to feel refreshed and less stressed,” Dunican expressed.

“Everything ran very smoothly and I have noticed that the overall attitude in EHS has greatly improved. I hope we can do it again next year.”

— Jamie Dunican

Positive changes developed after this week took place and it was an overall success.

“Everything ran very smoothly and I have noticed that the overall attitude in EHS has greatly improved. I hope we can do it again next year.” Dunican stated.

This was the first time ‘Cavo Wellness Week’ was incorporated into the school year and many hope to bring it back in the future. Feedback and suggestions can be pitched to the student council on how this week could improve and what will make it even greater.