Emerson cheerleaders’ Secret Santa

Hailey Lenino, Reporter

Emerson varsity cheerleaders are getting ready for the holiday season by having a Secret Santa! Secret Santa is when the cheerleaders each get a girl to buy a present for but only that person knows whom she is buying for.

The cheerleaders gathered around in a circle last Wednesday while dressed up in ugly Christmas sweaters, reindeer antler headbands, and pajama pants to exchange gifts. They still had to practice in preparation for the upcoming competitions this year but the girls managed to do it their Christmas wear.

At the end of practice the girls all said who they had and everyone opened their gifts. The cost limit for the gifts was 15 dollars, which was good because there was no stress about having to buy a really expensive gift. Some of the gifts were reusable cups, Starbucks gift cards, and little makeup kits.

All the girls always look forward to the practice before winter break because it is one of the only times when they can really bond.”

“I really enjoyed the reusable custom-made cup I got that said ‘EHS Cheer’ at the bottom from my coach,” said freshman Lily Gildea.

All the girls always look forward to the practice before winter break because it is one of the only times when they can really bond, aside from the cheerleading itself.

The cheerleaders will have to enjoy their gifts now before the competition season picks up!