• March 24Volleyball Tournament April 23rd - Get ready!

• March 7Dodgeball Tournament 3/29 - Get your team together!

• February 7What is your favorite video game? Take the poll below.

• February 7Buy a Krispy Kreme donut to benefit the Robotics team! See a member.

• January 25Volleyball Tournament coming soon! Stay tuned for details

• November 19The Cavalier is mobile! Download the app now.

The Cavalier

Woolsey California Fire: The Deadliest in State History

Klaudia Baran, Reporter

The smoke of the Woolsey fire starts to curl over a highway as people scramble to evacuate through backed up traffic.

The Woolsey California Fire was caused by a relayed circuit in Chatsworth Substation around two minutes before the fire broke out. It has since become the most deadliest fire in California’s State history. The death roll rose to 42 and the fire has burned over 98,362 acres of land. It has destroyed at least 435 structures and on Monday, it was 30% contained.

The Woolsey California Fire started on November 8, 2018, and has quickly become one of the state´s most deadliest wildfires. Fueled by the Santa Ana winds, it moved has over Highway 101 and continued toward the Pacific Ocean.

Here at EHS, students share their views on the outcome of the Woolsey California fire.

¨I think [the firefighters will be able to stop it] because – I mean they´re firefighters and have all the equipment,¨, said Leah, a freshman at EHS,¨so it´ll take time, but they´ll stop it.¨

Another student shared her doubts about the end result of the blazing inferno. ¨I don´t think [they´ll stop it] because it´s still happening and there´s a lot of land¨, said Angela, a freshman at EHS.

Since the Woolsey fire started, thousands of people had to evacuate their homes and find safety. Students share what they would have done if it was them in danger.

I´ll probably get really scared, I wouldn´t want my loved ones to get hurt. And I don´t want it to be a big danger around the area.”

— Leah Smith

¨If it started I would evacuate immediately,¨said Angela. One more student, Leah, stated that ¨I´ll probably get really scared, I wouldn´t want my loved ones to get hurt. And I don´t want it to be a big danger around the area.¨

The student news site of Emerson Junior - Senior High School