• March 24Volleyball Tournament April 23rd - Get ready!

• March 7Dodgeball Tournament 3/29 - Get your team together!

• February 7What is your favorite video game? Take the poll below.

• February 7Buy a Krispy Kreme donut to benefit the Robotics team! See a member.

• January 25Volleyball Tournament coming soon! Stay tuned for details

• November 19The Cavalier is mobile! Download the app now.

The Cavalier

Welcoming a new coach!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Welcoming a new coach!

Angela Ding, Reporter

This year, the Emerson volleyball team welcomes a new arrivals to the team. But it isn’t new players that we are talking about, it’s a new coach. Stephanie Cirella is one of the new coaches of the team, and it is her first year coaching high school volleyball. She explained how she can’t wait to be part of the program!

“It is a new experience but at the same time I played in college and since I was a kid so it’s nice to get back to my roots,” she said.

Now that the season of volleyball has started there are many games and practices that are happening. Each practice is different because there are different things the team has to work on, depending on the games. During practice the students work very  hard and try their best at every practice. Coach Cirella believes that teamwork is the most important part of being part of a volleyball team.

“Volleyball means to me being a part of a community, having teammates, having that athletic bond together. Getting on the court and fighting together, it means a lot. It is a great experience that makes you apart of something.”

There are many things that have changed under the influence of Coach Cirella. For example, there is more excitement going into the game and practices. The players are also are more confident in their skills. And already the team is starting to prepare early for next season and start conditioning early to get ready for the next preseason.

Each practice the team works harder and harder trying to reach their goals. Coach Cirella believes that having goals is a must for the team as that is what helps them improve.

“The short term goal is to complete the season with everyone and win a game. The goal is not just to win more games but beat a higher score racket, work more with varsity, and see the program grow with the younger kids.”

Since this year things have changed, it is exciting to see what is next for the Emerson volleyball team. The team and the coaches are all working very hard to make this season a success, but they also can’t wait to see what is in store for next season.

About the Writer
Angela Ding, Reporter

Angela is a news reporter and this is her first time writing for The Cavalier.  She is a freshman at Emerson Junior-Senior High School. She started playing...

• Welcoming a new coach!

Sports

2019 Track Season

• Welcoming a new coach!

Fall

A New Player Joins The Team

• Welcoming a new coach!

Sports

No Holiday Break for Logan Mazzeo and the EPR Wrestling Team

• Football

Cavos Football Season

• Welcoming a new coach!

Uncategorized

Winter Break Article

• Welcoming a new coach!

Sports

EHS Students on Duke’s March Madness loss…

• Welcoming a new coach!

Sports

Seriously. Why the New York Mets could legitimately win the World Series in 2019.

• Welcoming a new coach!

Featured Sports Story Carousel

NCAA Final Four

• Welcoming a new coach!

Fall

2018 Emerson Football Recap

• Welcoming a new coach!

Carousel

The Making of a Competition Cheer Team

The student news site of Emerson Junior - Senior High School
Welcoming a new coach!