• November 19The Cavalier is mobile! Download the app now.

• November 13Bake Sale for Autism Awareness Club, 11/21

• November 6Ski & Snowboard Club lift tickets are available; see Mr. Bliss or Ms. Corso

• November 5What is the best thing about Thanksgiving dinner? Take the poll below.

• October 31Join the bowling team! See Gus or Mrs. Dunican

• October 15Join Academic Decathalon! See Ms. Nakis or Ms. Buchta

• October 11Our Official Twitter Page @EmersonJSHS

The Cavalier

Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Brian Brahm, Reporter

Luke Mazzeo, a senior wrestler for the Emerson Park Ridge wrestling team, is about to begin his final year of wrestling. (Emerson and Park Ridge combined their wrestling programs in 1989, due to Park Ridge losing wrestlers over the years.) He is hopeful about the upcoming season and looks to continue the momentum from previous years.

Mazzeo has been wrestling a long time and has been influenced by previous family members who wrestled.

“I have been wrestling all my life. Wrestling pretty much chose me because it is in my blood,” Mazzeo said.

Mazzeo has over 100 career wins and looks to add many more, in the hopes of capping off a great high school career. Mazzeo’s main motivation for this season is winning states. Last year, Emerson/Park Ridge wrestling made a good run in states, but fell short. The team is hungry for redemption this year, after a tough loss to Paulsboro in the state finals last year.

Mazzeo’s work ethic is unmatched and it remains the same whether he is on or off the mat. He explained some of the things he does to prepare for a match.

“I train everyday. I run, lift, and go over wrestling techniques to help me become a better wrestler,” Mazzeo said. “I go over the techniques with my brother, Logan.”

Mazzeo’s main focus right now is his senior year of high school, but there could be a chance that Mazzeo’s career does not end there. He currently has offers coming in from Division I schools, so he will have to make a big decision after the winter season.

“I do plan on pursuing wrestling in college. As of now, I have five Division I offers, they are Bloomsburg University, Clarion University, Rider University, Sacred Heart University, and Lock Haven University,” Mazzeo said.

As a senior, Mazzeo knows this is his last year to wrestle under Coach Stan Woods and with his teammates. He attributes a lot of his success to those people as well as his dad, who is an assistant coach. Mazzeo is very thankful to have been surrounded by them for the past three years and is eagerly looking forward to the fourth and final year.

• Uncategorized

Mobile

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Opinions

Star Struck by the new ‘A Star is Born’

• Uncategorized

Bake Sale

• Uncategorized

Ski Club

• Uncategorized

T-Day

• Uncategorized

Bowling

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Photo Gallery

EHS adds new signs!

• Uncategorized

Decathalon

• Uncategorized

Twitter

• Uncategorized

Golf

The student news site of Emerson Junior - Senior High School
Luke Mazzeo, one final ride