• March 7Dodgeball Tournament 3/29 - Get your team together!

• February 7What is your favorite video game? Take the poll below.

• February 7Buy a Krispy Kreme donut to benefit the Robotics team! See a member.

• February 6"Sister Act" comes to EHS March 8th - Get tickets today!

• January 25Volleyball Tournament coming soon! Stay tuned for details

• November 19The Cavalier is mobile! Download the app now.

The Cavalier

Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Brian Brahm, Reporter

Luke Mazzeo, a senior wrestler for the Emerson Park Ridge wrestling team, is about to begin his final year of wrestling. (Emerson and Park Ridge combined their wrestling programs in 1989, due to Park Ridge losing wrestlers over the years.) He is hopeful about the upcoming season and looks to continue the momentum from previous years.

Mazzeo has been wrestling a long time and has been influenced by previous family members who wrestled.

“I have been wrestling all my life. Wrestling pretty much chose me because it is in my blood,” Mazzeo said.

Mazzeo has over 100 career wins and looks to add many more, in the hopes of capping off a great high school career. Mazzeo’s main motivation for this season is winning states. Last year, Emerson/Park Ridge wrestling made a good run in states, but fell short. The team is hungry for redemption this year, after a tough loss to Paulsboro in the state finals last year.

Mazzeo’s work ethic is unmatched and it remains the same whether he is on or off the mat. He explained some of the things he does to prepare for a match.

“I train everyday. I run, lift, and go over wrestling techniques to help me become a better wrestler,” Mazzeo said. “I go over the techniques with my brother, Logan.”

Mazzeo’s main focus right now is his senior year of high school, but there could be a chance that Mazzeo’s career does not end there. He currently has offers coming in from Division I schools, so he will have to make a big decision after the winter season.

“I do plan on pursuing wrestling in college. As of now, I have five Division I offers, they are Bloomsburg University, Clarion University, Rider University, Sacred Heart University, and Lock Haven University,” Mazzeo said.

As a senior, Mazzeo knows this is his last year to wrestle under Coach Stan Woods and with his teammates. He attributes a lot of his success to those people as well as his dad, who is an assistant coach. Mazzeo is very thankful to have been surrounded by them for the past three years and is eagerly looking forward to the fourth and final year.

About the Writer
Brian Brahm, Reporter

Brian Brahm is a reporter for The Cavalier. This is the first year that Brian has been part of The Cavalier. Brian is a senior at Emerson Jr. Sr. High...

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

The Cavos Quest for a State Championship

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Daniel Amoia

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Ghazal Khouri

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Madison Mulligan

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Jessica Chongoushian

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Claudia Pistachio

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Patrick Plunkett

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Dylan Kase

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Mike Carmosino

• Luke Mazzeo, one final ride

Uncategorized

Joseph Bosco

The student news site of Emerson Junior - Senior High School
Luke Mazzeo, one final ride