Snapchat takes over EHS!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Snapchat takes over EHS!

You can post on your story to show all your friends your silly pictures.

One of the most popular activities for the students of EHS is using their phones. In a recent poll, it was found that Snapchat was the most popular phone app at EHS. Since it’s used constantly between students for communication, it’s hard to imagine anyone doesn’t have it.

Snapchat has grown from a self-erasing, photo sending app to a large social media app that people use to talk with their friends. Now, people can even make their own filters to put on pictures at certain locations.

Another popular function on Snapchat is the story function. Some students enjoy posting about their day on their stories so that all of their friends can see. Users can also see stories on the map so that all of the stories from a certain event can be viewed together.

Bitmoji is an app used with Snapchat so that users can make avatars for themselves. The avatars show up when people are writing to each other and also show up in funny pictures that can be sent to friends.

Many students use it throughout the day and the signature blue topped background can be seen constantly around the hallways. Joey Zierer said, “Snapchat is everywhere, all the time.”

When asked why students like Snapchat, Lianna Iskanian said, “Who wouldn’t? It’s really fun to use and it’s easy to talk with my friends.”