Id=”title”>Coding Club In EHS>/label<

Back to Article
Back to Article

Id=”title”>Coding Club In EHS>/label<

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12c8V5u459xAbxDCle2Ev5nI772UeTRwD

In EHS, there aren’t that many unique clubs, but the Coding Club is one of them. It’s a club in which students can learn the essentials of computer coding, or the basic language a computer uses to create programs, software, apps and websites. It meets in room 172 and its advisor is Mr. Schama, a computer science teacher at EHS.

“Programming club is awesome because it allows students who don’t want take a full semester course to at least experience what programming is like,” said Mr. Schama, explaining how the class is unique.

The Coding Club attracts a lot of motivated students, each one willing to learn the often time-consuming process of coding. “I get so many good kids in my club that all want to learn new things. The kids who want to do good in this club really excel in it. They try to better themselves every day and I just love working with them,” said Mr. Schama.

Mr. Schama also discussed his background and explained how he got to this point in his teaching career.

“This is my second year at Emerson High School. Before that, I was at Mahwah High School for three years. Before that, I was at Ziehen for six years in Westwood. This is my second year teaching programming though. Before Emerson High School, I just taught math. I also love computer programming. It’s so much fun!”